This category is for organisations which provide valuable local community services and is focused on making the sector sustainable for the future.
They do this with training, advice and consulting services to develop skills and knowledge and build opportunities for local business and voluntary sectors to work together.
This award will be granted to the charity or social enterprise trading arm which has made the most significant difference to beneficiaries through its ability to generate income in order to meet its social goals. The winning business will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Clearly outlined social goals and objectives
- Evidence of benefitting the local community
- Evidence of sustainable growth
- Clearly defined local project or initiative success
- Local community ‘project/initiative ‘legacy’ commitment